- All travellers are required to present a negative COVID-19 test certificate upon arrival. The test must be a Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test, with the sample collected within 72 hours of boarding your flight to Zambia.
- All Travellers must complete a Traveller Health Questionnaire before arriving or on arrival.
- Presentation of Covid-19 PCR negative certificate and the Travel Health Questionnaire.
- Temperature & health screening.
- PCR Testing can be done in Lusaka with a turnaround of about 48 hours.
- Some camps and lodges in South Luangwa and the Lower Zambezi allow for a nurse to be flown in for testing right at your camp. Results will be emailed for presentation at the airport. Costs range from USD 350 – USD 400 per person. This usually needs to be pre-arranged and you should contact your tour operator or lodge in advance.
- Testing can also be done at Mfuwe by a local doctor at the cost of USD 250 per person. Results are available within 48 hours.
- Testing can also be done at the Livingstone Teaching Hospital at an approximate cost of USD 250 per person. Results are available within 48 hours.
- There is no specific requirement for exit of Zambia, however it is likely your home country or next travel country will require a test. In addition, many airlines also require testing and you should consult their websites for the requirements.
- There is currently no exemption to the rules for fully vaccinated passengers.