This page shows COVID-19 guidelines for Uganda, but please check local government advice before making any decisions.
Please Note: We provide help with COVID specific requirements to clients who have booked a safari with us only.
- All travellers are required to present a negative COVID-19 test certificate upon arrival. The test must be a Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test, with the sample collected within 72 hours of boarding your flight to Uganda.
- All arriving passengers 5 years and older at Entebbe Airport are required to undergo a COVID-19 test at a designated testing facility at their own cost (USD 30). Tests must be registered and paid for online in advance.
- Undergo temperature checks and health screening on arrival.
- PCR Testing can easily be arranged in Entebbe or Kampala for onward travel, we recommend you add at least one night at the end of your trip to account for this testing.
- All travellers 5 years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued within 72 hours of departure.
- There is no additional specific requirement for exit of Uganda, however it is likely your home country or next travel country will require a test. In addition, many airlines also require testing and you should consult their websites for the requirements.
- There is currently no exemption to the rules for fully vaccinated passengers.