This page shows COVID-19 guidelines for Botswana, but please check local government advice before making any decisions.
Please Note: We provide help with COVID specific requirements to clients who have booked a safari with us only.
- All travellers are required to present a negative COVID-19 test certificate upon arrival. The test must be a Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test, with the sample collected within 72 hours of boarding your flight to Rwanda.
- All Travellers must complete a Passenger Locator Form online and upload your COVID-19 test certificate via www.rbc.gov.rw/travel prior to arrival. On completion of the form, travellers will be provided with a Unique Health Code (UHC) which you must present on arrival.
- Presentation of Covid-19 PCR negative certificate and Unique Health Code (UHC).
- All arrivals will be tested for Covid-19 at a cost of USD $60. Fully vaccinated travellers and children below 18 years will no longer be required to quarantine at designated hotels upon arrival but will be required to self-isolate and wait for the results at home or at booked hotel.
- Tourists are required to take a PCR test 72 hours prior to visiting a National Park (except for Akagera). Tourists visiting Akagera are required to take a rapid antigen test, available at numerous walk-in clinics in Kigali. No tourist will be admitted to any National Park without a valid negative test result. If there is more than 72 hours between your initial rapid test on arrival and visit to the National Park, you will be required to take another test.
- PCR Testing can easily be arranged in Kigali for onward travel, we recommend you add at least one night at the end of your trip to account for this testing.
- All travellers departing from Rwanda must test negative for COVID-19. The only accepted test is a SARS-CoV 2 Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) performed within 72 hours before departure. Other tests, such as Rapid Diagnostics Test (RDTs), are not accepted. We encourage travellers to book and pay for their tests at least 2 days prior to departure through the online platform available on www.rbc.gov.rw.
- There is currently no exemption to the rules for fully vaccinated passengers.