- All travellers are required to present a negative COVID-19 test certificate upon arrival. The test must be a Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test, with the sample collected within 72 hours of boarding your flight to Botswana.
- Presentation of Covid-19 PCR negative certificate.
- Temperature & health screening.
- Additional complimentary COVID-19 test at Botswana border points on arrival (including children). This is a rapid antigen test and takes 15 minutes.
- PCR Testing can be done in Maun with a 24 hour turnaround but you will need to consider spending the night in Maun with additional costs.
- Tests can be taken in Kasane, but allow at least 24 hours for results. You can take a test after your visit to the Okavango Delta in Kasane and then proceed to your Chobe area camp or lodge to await the results before departing Kasane to travel home.
- Most camps and lodges in Botswana allow for a nurse to be flown in for testing right at your camp. Results will be emailed for presentation at the airport in Kasane or Maun. Costs range from USD 300 – USD 400 per person. This usually needs to be pre-arranged and you should contact your tour operator or lodge in advance.
- You may want to consider starting your trip in Maun and ending at Kasane as the routing will make testing more affordable and easier to obtain.
- There is no specific requirement for exit of Botswana, however it is likely your home country or next travel country will require a test. In addition, many airlines also require testing and you should consult their websites for the requirements.
- There is currently no exemption to the rules for fully vaccinated passengers.